Deal, or No Deal?
I hae to admit, when I first heard the story break, I thought that it was absurd and President Bush would surely come out against the proposal. When I then heard that President Bush was in favor of the port deal which consists of a UAE company purchasing a port security company from the UK which handles up to 6 ports in the US I thought I might have heard wrong and it was another Harriet Meiers moment. However after educating myself on the topic I have come to realize that any concerns that I might have had, the US government including the DHS, CIA and FBI have already had and investigated the situation enough to find that there is no direct or as far as we know indirect threat to the security of the United States in allowing this business deal from taking place.
President Bush came out in force today saying he would veto any legislation that opposed the sale. I think that this is one of those times when we as conservatives must trust President Bush in his decision. Not to say that we should just blanketly trust whatever the President of government says; but President Bush had made clear his committment to securing this nation and the people within its borders. After hearing that the situation has been full observed and found to not be a threat to the security of the nation I also find myself in favor of the deal so that we can secure another friend and fellow nation dedicated to fighting the war on terror.
Last thing we want to do is alienate another potential ally in the war on terror esp. from that region of the world where they could play a vital and important strategic role in helping us combat this new age threat.
President Bush came out in force today saying he would veto any legislation that opposed the sale. I think that this is one of those times when we as conservatives must trust President Bush in his decision. Not to say that we should just blanketly trust whatever the President of government says; but President Bush had made clear his committment to securing this nation and the people within its borders. After hearing that the situation has been full observed and found to not be a threat to the security of the nation I also find myself in favor of the deal so that we can secure another friend and fellow nation dedicated to fighting the war on terror.
Last thing we want to do is alienate another potential ally in the war on terror esp. from that region of the world where they could play a vital and important strategic role in helping us combat this new age threat.

1 Comments:
Once given the information, any rational person will conclude exactly what this administration and the Intelligence Community did; this move is safe and has nothing do with secuirty, the only thing that is changing is the name on the checks of the workers...who by the way are still all Americans and still under security of the United States Coastguard. This deal should move on, and any and all sparring over it is just a politicla move to do with midterm elections. Good thoughts-
Post a Comment
<< Home